Saturday, August 8, 2009

Introduction



Nemo: You must be Mr. Spock. I'm Captain Nemo.



Nemo: And don't ask where my submarine is!



Spock: It would be illogical to ask for a submarine when I was assigned here to help starting a new Starfleet Academy branch. I might ask where your starship is, but it is unlikely that the Academy has a training ship yet.



Nemo: OK, here are our first students: Visa, Ilmari and Satu.



Spock: They look rather young to be attending a Starfleet Academy.

Nemo: The high echelons have got worried about the state of the general education and they wanted to try starting early to make sure the cadets have all the necessary skills by the time they are old enough to enter the traditional Starfleet Academy training.

Spock: That sounds logical. They don't seem to have cadet uniforms yet.

Nemo: I must talk to the quartermaster. She must equip the academy with uniforms and school supplies and furniture and whatever we will need.

Spock: Have you youngsters decided what division of service you intend to be in?



Visa: I want to be a science officer!

Ilmari: I want to be an engineer!

Nemo: Careful with that wrench...

Satu: And I want to be a captain!



Nemo: Wouldn't you rather want to be a nurse? You do like taking care of your baby doll.



Satu: This is not a baby. He is my helmsman!



Satu: Set course to Antares, Mr. Zulu! Ahead, warp factor one!



Spock: That sounds about right, but should your helmsman be wearing diapers on duty? It would be more logical for him to have a uniform, too.



Satu: I must talk to the quartermaster!



Spock: I must talk to the quartermaster, too. I need a better uniform than this old cadet uniform. These rubber boots are especially bad. They are split at the back, and I don't even have socks.



Nemo: We need lots of supplies before the academy can really start. I sure doubt this will work. But we must at least try our best.

Spock: That sounds like a logical course of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment