Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Preparations


Nemo: Hold it tight while I cut the tape...



Visa: What are you doing?



Spock: We are making desks for the academy.

Visa: Out of cardboard and tape???

Nemo: We don't have blueprints, so we must make some test pieces to see if they are the right size before trying to build them out of wood.

Spock: You can test one to see if the size is correct.



Visa: This is cool! The desk really opens!



Satu: It appears to be a bit flimsily made...

Ilmari: Hey, I think my wrench fits inside...



Spock: Careful. Do not break it. They will have to last until we have time to make wooden ones. There is still a lot to do before we have the academy fully equipped.



Nemo: I think we need a nanny to keep the kids out of trouble while we have other things to do.



Spock: And how do we proceed to get a nanny?



Nemo: We put an ad in a paper.

Ilmari: Can we help to write the ad?



Satu: Yes! We know exactly what a good nanny must be like.



Ilmari: Yes! We'll write a great ad, you don't have to bother yourselves with it.

Spock: Very well, then, proceed.



Visa: I can do the writing. I can write. Let's see... "Wanted: One Nanny"

Satu: Put down "Loves children".

Ilmari: "Cheerful".

Visa: "Pretty and smart".

Satu: Why does she have to be pretty and smart?

Visa: Captain Nemo would surely like to look at a pretty face and Mr. Spock would like to have an intelligent discussion with someone.

Ilmari: OK, then add: "Gives lots of sweets".



Zeon: "and Honey Puffs".



Spock: Sweets and Honey Puffs are not good for you. You should write "Can make cabbage soup".

Ilmari: Strike the cabbage soup! Put down "pancakes and cookies" instead!

Satu: And then write "plays fun games and sings songs".

Ilmari: And write "Does not drink". I have heard that that can lead into trouble.

Visa: Done! We'll get a super nanny with this ad!


Spock: Captain, do you think this is the correct kind of advertisement for hiring a nanny?

Nemo: I have no idea, let's just send it out and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment